Yoga Classes in Epping (Melbourne)
Join us for yoga classes at Sacred Keys, at 3/113C Miller Street, Epping VIC 3076.
What is Yoga?
“Yoga is the cessation of the fluctuations of the mind”, – Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
In other words, yoga is the practice of quieting the mind to achieve peace, stillness and clarity. Yoga is an ancient system of practices that is as relevant today as it was 5000 years ago. The most easily recognised practice of yoga is physical postures, or asanas. But there is much more to yoga than just the physical. Initially, most students become attracted to yoga because they want to improve their flexibility and fitness levels. Much to their surprise they discover that not only they get improvement of their physical state but the benefits seep into all other areas of their life: mental, emotional and spiritual. They start to feel better, happier, lighter and more joyful.
Through the continuous physical practice, the body starts to rid itself of stress, tension and any energy blocks, detoxifying, replenishing and rejuvenating all tissues, muscles and organs of the body. The body cleanses and balances itself from inside out. As a result, the energy starts to flow more freely, the mind becomes clearer and more peaceful and the body returns to its natural state of wellbeing.
Benefits of Yoga
The most commonly spoken about benefits of a yoga practice are as follows:
- Improved flexibility and muscle tone
- Improved circulation and blood flow
- Pain prevention
- Joint health
- Better immunity
- Better balance
- Body awareness
- Peace of mind
- Clarity and focus
- Better sleep
- Increased self-esteem and inner strength
- Increased intuition
And the list goes on…
What to expect from a yoga class?
A yoga class will typically include:
- Breathing techniques to relax, let go of the day and prepare for the practice
- A physical warm up which consists of gentle postures and movements
- Sun Salutation sequence of postures
- Standing and balancing postures
- Floor sequence that includes backbends, core work, hip openers and forward bends
- Final Savasana or relaxation
What to wear?
- Comfortable fitted clothing
Elena completed her yoga teacher training at Australian Yoga Academy in 2010. Further to that she has attended various yoga workshops and trained with Duncan Peak, Simon Borg-Oliver, Barbra Noh and Simon Park. She currently teaches at Yoga Flame studio in Moonee Ponds in Melbourne and at Sacred Keys in Epping.
COST & BOOKINGS at Sacred Keys:
– $20 for a casual class
– $85 for a 5 class pass (can include both yoga & meditation classes)
– $30 Monday Special discounted price for both yoga (6:30 pm) & meditation class (8pm) on the same day
– book & pay online https://
or bring cash payment on the day
– Dress comfortably
– Bring your own mat. If unable to source your own mat, please email email@example.com.
Elena is also available for private one-on-one yoga classes for those that need a more personalised approach. To book an appointment, call Elena Lapina on +61 417 757 496 or email elena@ theshininglight.com.au